Thursday, May 17, 2012

Western Cowboy Party


So since I just started this blog I want to be able to share some of the previous parties I have planned for my boys. This was Adrian's 3rd birthday party and since he is pretty much obsessed with Woody from Toy Story it was a given that he would go for the cowboy party. So I started with the invitations and of course searching on Etsy I found the most adorable invites!


Sammie from Treasures from the 80's is so talented and does an awesome job with invitations. I got so many compliments on these.

For the dessert table I used a lot of baskets to give it a country feel. The cute cookies were made by Danielle from Two Little Cookies and let me tell you she can make ANYTHING! I wish I had that talent! So that brings me to the treats I made. This was my first time making whoopie pies and they would stick to everything, I think the cakes were too warm but they were still delish. I also made some smores pops and cupcakes. The cupcake toppers are from Corner Stop and matched my invitations perfectly. For the hay stacks which I bought at Michaels I glued some gingham ribbon and sheriff's badges to match the theme. Oh and I also bought lots of bandanas from Oriental Trading which I used almost everywhere :)



I found the cow print cups and balloons at Oriental Trading and the paper straws at Dime Store Buddy. I printed out some straw pennants for the kids with their names so they could keep track of their little cups. For the centerpieces, get this, I purchased citronella candles in red buckets. I thought it would be perfect to hold the little skewers and it worked great! I printed out some graphics I found online and with some tissue paper and paper shreds Voila! I had a neat centerpiece. Oh and I also glued a strip of bandana around the bucket with a sheriff badge in the middle, but it was so windy the bandana on the table is covering it on the picture :(


The kids all got cowboy hats and bandanas when they walked into the party. They also had a "trading post" where they would trade gold for their goody bags. They were supposed to play a game of panning for gold but the rain kept us from it :( So I all my time spent spray painting pebbles gold was wasted! But it was still great to see their excitement when they opened their bags. I found lots of goodies at Dollar General, horses, cap guns with badges, tattoos, cowboy themes color pads and of course they got candy from the pinata. And let me just tell you when I found these cow print and paisley print bags at Michaels I almost screamed out loud. I felt like I won the lottery.




For the food and drinks we kept it simple and within the theme serving root beer, lemonade, bbq chicken, potato salad, corn on the cob, and corn bread.We also served the adults drinks in mason jars and their food in pie tins to keep with the country feel. The barn shutter backround is also from Oriental Trading, I found great things there.

Adults Tables



You can see the panning for gold activity in the back but shortly after the party started it began to rain so we had to make a run for it!


Oh and I forgot to mention I made the cake! Which we had inside where we were nice and dry.

My baby cowboy!

 

The birthday boy in his shirt made by our friends over at Bela Lili
He loved his birthday and keeps asking for another cowboy party!

No comments:

Post a Comment